How to Turn Your Corporate Services Team Into The POWERHOUSE of Your Organisation
The duration of the Program depends on what needs to be achieved and a diagnostic of the issues, however, major improvements can usually be made in one or two days.
The Program Leader is Bruce Holland.
ABOUT THE PROGRAM
This Program shows how to the release untapped energy from within your Corporate Service Department.
Many Corporate Services Departments are a tiny fraction of the value they could be to the organisation because:
- They don't think of themselves as the POWERHOUSE of the organisation. Yet today 95% of the market value of most organisations is made up of knowledge assets, relationship assets, emotional assets and time assets and these are the very things that are managed by corporate services.
- They under-estimate their importance, because, they fail to understand the importance of their role as controllers of most of the systems in the organisation. Deming has shown that systems account for about 94% of the possibilities for improvement while 6% other-related.
- Typically accountants, analysts, lawyers, information specialists, researchers, and policy-people have stronger analytical skills than interpersonal and communication skills. Usually they have the answers to the most important problems in the organisation; yet, often they are frustrated because they can't sell their ideas. Intellectually they can be head and shoulders above others, but they are wasted because they don't rise to the top of the organisation; or even to leadership in their speciality. This frustration and waste is sometimes reflected in apathy, withdrawal, bitterness and other destructive behaviour. Today we have the technology to make a real improvement quickly in these areas.
- They don't understand that people are different and the way you communicate and report to one person is fundamentally different from the way you do it to others. They assume everyone likes to be treated like they do but this true in only 25% of the population. In other words, they connect with 25% and miss with 75%.
- They don't understand the Value Proposition of their organisation and as a result the systems and processes they introduce pull against the success of the organisation rather than help it.
- They don't know how to identify each person's hidden talent and put it to work within the Corporate Service Department.
WHO IS IT FOR?
This course is especially useful for Corporate Services Managers, C.F.O.s, Financial Controllers, HR managers, IT managers, Information Managers and other people working in these areas or with an interest in making their Corporate Service people far more successful.
Upon completion of this program attendees should be able to:
- Think of themselves more like a Financial Services Company.
- Understand the importance of their role and how they are the POWERHOUSE of the organisation.
- Understand that people are fundamentally different from each other and how to tell one type from another using a powerful tool called Herrmann's Brain Dominance Index.
- Understand and practice the most appropriate way to report results to different "types" of people so that the reports are understood, valued and actioned.
- Understand the drivers of value for the organisation and how these have totally changed over the last 25 years.
- Reorganise the focus of the Corporate Services Department so that it concentrates on the things that matter in today's environment.
- Analyse the Value Proposition of your organisation.
- Design systems and processes that help push the organisation towards success rather than pull against it.
- Identify hidden talents that often the individual themselves don't know they have and put these talents to work for the Department.
- Understanding our role and why it is important to the organisation.
- Understanding that users are one of 4 thinking "types" (Thinkers, Organisers, Humanitarians, Innovators).
- Reporting styles (which suit each "type" and which to use when).
- Trends in invisible assets and why this matters.
- Drivers of value in the 21st century.
- Principle of focus and how to use it.
- Reporting styles and which to use when.
- The three Value Propositions (Operational excellence, Customer intimacy and Product leaders) and how to analyse which is appropriate for your organisation.
- The principles of strategy for Corporate Service Departments.
- The alignment of systems and processes so they work for the organisation rather than against it.
- Systems and processes appropriate for each Value Proposition.
- Identifying talents and strategies for putting them to work.
This product based on Herrmann's Brain Dominance Index (HBDI) is supported by Bruce Holland with help where required from other members of the Virtual Group Business Consultants. Bruce is a specialist in Herrmann Thinking Preferences in Wellington, nationally and internationally. He specialises in using Herrmann's Brain Dominance Instrument (HBDI) in the public sector and other large private sector organisations.
All work undertaken by Bruce Holland is guaranteed. If at the end of the program the client doesn't feel that they have received value for money, they may adjust the bill and pay an amount equal to the value they feel they received.
For more information about how you can use HBDI give the Virtual Manager a call or ring Bruce Holland direct.
Phone +644 570 0727
Freephone 0800 4 virtual
Key words: Leadership, leadership development, leadership management, leadership training, leadership program, leadership skills