HERE’S WHAT I HAVE FOUND OUT FROM WORKING WITH EXECUTIVES
- No one else in the organisation is so starved for unbiased information.
- No one else so needs to hear hard truths.
- No one else is supposed to have all the answers.
- No one else is the final arbiter in so many vital business decisions.
- No one else is so isolated, alone and lonely.
- No one else is so open to criticism from such a wide range of sources.
- No one else has such wide responsibility including shareholders, customers, staff and board members.
- No one else has to put such a big bet on their strategy.
- No one else has to put such a big bet on their key people.
As a mentor I’m not there to be one of you. I add value by being independent and objective. As a mentor it’s my job to challenge your assumptions and biases and dig deeper into symptoms. Usually this is through asking questions. If I don’t challenge I don’t do my job.
Back to mentoring page.