ICI NEW ZEALAND LIMITED, 1969-80
POSITIONS: As below:
1980 MANAGER MANAGEMENT ACCOUNTING, ICI NEW ZEALAND LIMITED, HEAD OFFICE, WELLINGTON
- Coordinated Group Plans, special projects on behalf of Finance Director or Chairman. Training and staff authority over 7 qualified corporate accountants.
- Planning - the provision of all planning resource for business area managers, including design, preparation, analysis and interpretation.
- Reporting control - the consolidation of inputs from Group Divisions and subsequent analysis and interpretation.
- Pricing - developed pricing strategy and acted as an expert resource.
- Systems development - developed accounting systems to meet the ongoing needs of both Corporate and Divisional management and implemented these systems once approval received. Assessed systems on a cost benefit basis and educated managers in their use.
- Divisional Accountants - liaison, coordination and mentoring role with Divisional accountants.
- Directorate support - takeover bids investigated, internal controls set up, undertook project studies.
1978-80 CHIEF ACCOUNTANT and SECRETARY, GUTHRIE BOWRON & CO LIMITED
Guthrie Bowron was one of New Zealandís major paint and wallpaper retailers, a subsidiary of ICI New Zealand.
- Appointed when Head Office moved from Dunedin to Lower Hutt, most staff did not make the move, therefore created new team and updated accounting systems which had not changed for ten years. One qualified accountant, seven clerical staff. Great freedom to act and develop management skills. Engaged in financial training of 25 branch managers from Auckland to Invercargill and spent a large proportion of time in the field.
1976-77 ACCOUNTANT SOUTHERN REGION, DULUX NEW ZEALAND LIMITED
Dulux was a subsidiary of ICI New Zealand. Bruce reported directly to the Finance Manager in Dulux. First real management position (15 clerical staff and 2 accountants). Direct control of finance in the southern half of North Island and South Island. Upgraded processes and methods, introduced new costing methods and fixed asset management.
1974-75 COST ACCOUNTANT, DULUX PAINTS
Control of batch cost system.Inventory control. Costing of batches and stock.
1972-69 PLANNING ACCOUNTANT, DULUX PAINTS (Head Office Wellington)
Assisted planning procedures within Dulux. Worked closely with Marketing Manager, Production Manager and Chief Chemist in the preparation of their plans. Management reports on sales and share of the market.
Back to main text.