STEEL AND TUBE HOLDINGS LTD, GROUP PLANNING MANAGER
The main role was to design, introduce and monitor the strategic planning process and to enthuse, promote, co ordinate, facilitate planning activity. This also involved training managers in strategic thinking and conceptual thinking.
Appointed Group Planning Manager of the wider STH Group (one of New Zealand's major listed companies) when Steel and Tube Holdings purchased EMCO GROUP. Accountable for strategic planning, operational planning and budgets at both directly Group level and functionally at Divisional levels.
- Dealt closely and directly with the Managing Director, other Executive Directors and all subsidiary General Managers.
- Introduced strategic planning to all the Steel and Tube companies (NZMC Honda, Healing, Steel and Tube NZ, Robt Stone, NZ Mechanical, Epiglass, and several other smaller companies).
- Investigated investment and divestment opportunities.
- Other responsibilities included the control, overview, review and reporting of annual budgets, and bimonthly budget reviews. Responsible for Group Budget Controller, and Group Planning Analyst.
FROM: 1983-85 EMCO GROUP LIMITED. GROUP PLANNING MANAGER
Emco Group was one of New Zealand's major listed companies included NZMC (New Zealand Motor Corporation, assemblers of Honda and Rover), Motorcorp (nation-wide retailers of Honda and Rover), GTR (Group Rental Television), Healing Industries (paint, chemicals and cycles).
- Coordinated and directed the Group's strategic planning process and assisted all Divisional managers in their plans.
- Over-viewed the annual and quarterly budget submissions along with cash forecasts and market forecasts.
- Chairman of the Group Foreign Exchange Committee . Treasury functions included planning cash requirements, maintaining good and regular contact with banking interests, recommending on-shore and offshore financing options and assisting in the negotiation of loans with all bankers. Regularly reviewed the operating divisions' performance and reported on significant trends.
- Responsible for Group Budget Controller, Group Investment Controller, and the Management Accountant.
Back to main text